This course is not just about the ideas behind being a good leader. It’s about teaching participants to see themselves as leaders in everything they do and using this perspective as a springboard for self-development. Having a title or not is irrelevant. What matters is how we engage with our potential to be leaders and this starts with seeing yourself as one.
Our course combines learning about leadership theory with practical skills training and, whenever possible, a guided hands-on leadership experience. All this is done through our creative and dynamic programs. Core topics include role-modelling, leading by example, effective teamwork and communication, as well as the nuts and bolts of how to develop and deliver creative educational programs for others.
This course is recommended for students from year's 10-12
Workshops will be run on the following themes:
- Why & what is leadership?
- Role Modelling & being personal example
- Styles of leadership
- Working in a team
- Getting creative
- How to plan an educational workshop
- How to run an educational workshop
- Facilitation challenges
- Wrap Up & Let's go!
- Understand what it means to be a role model to others and how to lead by example
- Enhance their communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Increase self confidence
- Have a stronger connection with their peers
- Be skilled in educating and inspiring others using facilitation tools such as:
- Setting goals and evaluating a program
- Designing and delivering creative educational programs as a part of a team
Models of delivery
BLOOM will design a specific leadership course to suit your institution, however below are three examples of models of delivery we have used in the past.
This is the most condensed version of our course. It is designed to fit into one school term, 9 weeks of workshops with one per week. Each workshop will run from 1-2 hours depending on the amount of time allocated.
We are able to run one-off workshops on any of the workshop themes above.
The full year program provides the opportunity to deliver a holistic course that allows for theoretical and experiential learning.
If you are a school, the year would look something like this:
Term 1: 9 week leadership and facilitation training + 1 week of planning and preparation for next term.
Terms 2 & 3: with support and guidance, participants to work in small teams to deliver educational programs for younger students
Term 4: Reflection on the year that has been and lessons learnt and exploring our next steps as leaders